Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Movie Meme Day 18 - Favorite title sequence


This was just as hard as the TV version of opening credits.  There just aren't enough of them posted online so I can show you what I mean by how awesome they are.  So I'll just describe my favorites and you'll have to trust me.  The first is from a movie that's only okay, Wimbledon, starring Paul Bettany and Kirsten Dunst as tennis players who fall in love.  Not terrible, and not great but does have one of the best opening title sequences of all movies.  The credits are bounced back and forth across a blank white screen along with the sound of a tennis ball and the hitting sound.  This may sound unoriginal, but it is done with really crisp text, good timing just so you can read them, but they don't linger too long.   The second opening sequence that is awesome is from Juno.  The scribbled animation of Juno walking down the street gives a terrific sense of the tone of the movie, and then they repeat the technique a few times when the seasons change.  My only beef with the Juno sequence is that it goes on far too long.  It could have been done much faster and been just as effective. 

No comments: