Anomalous Material and Detailed Criticisms tagged me with the Happy 101 award and so I'm happy to oblige by participating. And while I love my family and adore my friends, I've decided to dedicate my list of things that bring me joy to the bloggers who do just that.
1. First and foremost is Rachel over at Rachel's Reel Reviews. In addition to being my partner in crime recording Reel Insight, she's also my friend. A mom, wife, and insanely busy working woman, she also blogs like a fiend. With a trustworthy opinion about movies and actors, reading her blogs about movies and her opinions about all things entertainment brings me joy. We don't always agree (I don't think I harbor the same love for all things Twilight as she does, nor with the same level of irony), but I know where I'll stand when I hear her opinion. She also takes the time to comment on my blog and makes me feel like someone out there wants to read what I'm writing.
2. Fletch over at Blog Cabins was the first fellow movie blogger who reached out to me and asked me to join the LAMB. Once upon a time I was a lonely blogger, alone in the world of movie love, and Fletch helped me join a group. He's a terrific blogger himself, always pushing the limits of what a blog can be, what it should look like, how the community can grow. His standards are what I aspire to live up to.
3. Nick at Random Ramblings of a Demented Doorknob brings me joy by being such a dedicated teacher. I never had a teacher who wanted to make movies about Shakespeare and this is just the little I know about him from his blogging about it. I hope you never lose your desire to inspire your students and use them as cheap labor. Oh, and his new Vlog is hysterical - I LOVE IT.
4. David at Hoping for Something to Hope For was one of the first people to comment on my blog regularly. While he blogs in spurts, I love reading about his love for Firefly, Buffy, and all things Joss Whedon.
5. The Mad Hatter at The Dark of the Matinee and the Matineecast has become a new friend in the blogosphere, but his encouragement of our podcast, and participation in the whole process has been amazing. Thanks Hatter!
6. And to round out the other bloggers I love, I'll just give shout-outs to Sebastian at Detailed Criticisms (good luck at college), Andrew at Encore's World of Film and TV (thanks for all the meme time wasting), and Castor at Anomalous Material (thanks for all the help improving my blog).
2 stars 2.5 stars 3 stars 3.5 stars 4 stars 4.5 stars 5 lambs 5 stars action movie actors actresses Alphabet Meme Animated movies awards bad movies battlestar galactica best movies blockbusters blog cabins bloggers British TV characters chick flicks Christmas classics comedy Comments documentary dramas DVD emmys epic family films fashion Father's Day Favela Rising females final season foreign films Friday Night Lights friends Golden Globes good movies great cast guest post holidays Independent film james mcavoy kevin smith kids kids movies LAMB Lists marketing mistakes Monday musicals movie from book Movie meme movies music from movies musicals New Releases old movies Oscar Nominations Oscar winners period pieces podcasts predictions Random Reel Insight Robert Downey Jr. romance sci-fi songs sports straight to DVD summer candy The West Wing Top-Grossing Tuesdays TV meme TV Shows why i love