Thursday, June 28, 2007

Better driver commandments....

I confess, I like Car Talk. I've been listening to it nearly since it's inception as it was one of the few NPR programs the entire family could agree on while driving. This is probably one of the best things they've put out there. In response to the Pope's list of commandments for drivers, they created their own more useful list:

1.Thou Shalt Not Covet Thy Neighbor’s Lexus
2. Thou Shalt Not combine convertibles and combovers
3. Thou Shalt Not take thy rental car to Mexico
4. Thy horsepower shalt not exceed thy IQ
5. If thou are going to pick thine nose, for god’s sake, make sure nobody’s looking.
6. Thou shalt not lie, cheat, steal or attempt to sell undercoating.
7. Thou shalt not return thy brother’s car on empty
8. Thou shall handle lit cigars with car, lest they find refuge near thy loins.
9. Thou shalt not combine dialing and driving, lest thou mortal coil be wrapped around an unholy bridge abutment.
10. Blessed are the Prii, for they shall inherit the earth (Prii being the plural of Prius).
11. Thou shall keepth thy 17-year-old son bound to the slowest and ugliest 1979 Volvo, which hath presenth itself on the list of Craig.
12. Thou shalt not drive like my brother.

1 comment:

B-Mama said...

Hysterical! Their's is my favorite NPR program by far... I think I enjoy listening to them laugh more than hearing about cars. They are so smart too--according to my sources, one has a PhD and both graduated from MIT. Pretty impressive!