Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wednesdays Movie Mashup No. 23

Congrats to my podcasting partner in crime!!!  Well done Rachel.  


Last week's clue: A woman is really, really, really, really unsure about getting married but a murderous doll convinces her marriage might be a good thing. 


Answer: Runaway Bride of Chucky


Leaderboard
Hatter - 11
David - 3
James, Dylan, Rachel - 2

Sebastian, Andrew, Nick - 1

 

New clue: A drifting guy returns to his hometown to try to win back his high school girlfriend and develops an alter-ego that just likes to cause trouble.



Hint: These films came out 50 years apart.


The goal is to figure out the two movies who overlap in some words creating a new movie described by the clue.  Leave your answer in the comments. Good luck! 

7 comments:

Ryan McNeil said...

Congratulations - I'm stumped

Rachel said...

Me too. I know the second, but no clue on the first. I checked a list of films that came out 50 years prior to the second film and got nowhere. I searched titles containing what I think is the connecting word, but again nothing. At least I don't feel bad since Hatter's stumped too.

Jess said...

If no one gets it, I'll give a bigger hint tomorrow. Glad I finally stumped someone! I'm still waiting on James, I sense he'll get this one.

Anonymous said...

Prepare to have your minds blown...

Sweet Birds of Youth in Revolt

Jess said...

I don't know how I knew he'd know it - but I'm glad he did. I'll assume Birds is a typo and you meant it singular. Well done!

Anonymous said...

Yea, I'm not sure why I pluralized it.

Rachel said...

Ok I was way off on the second one so that's probably why I couldn't get the first. I thought the second half was Me, Myself & Irene so I was looking for 1950 films ending with "me".