Monday, June 28, 2010

TV Meme: Day 28

Day 28 - First t.v show obsession


I don't remember watching lots of TV as a kid, but I definitely remember Saturday mornings.  I was always really pissed when noon arrived because it meant no more cartoons until the next weekend.  He-Man, Thundercats, Transformers, The Snorks, CareBears, Gummi Bears, Winnie the Pooh, and I'm sure many others, were on during the course of my childhood.  When WWE wrestling came on afterward, I was always so disappointed.    The theme songs and often the voices of the various characters have stuck in my head for years.  The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh was my favorite and I still listen to the theme song when I get sad or can't sleep because I watched something scary.  The a capella group at Brown University covers the theme song from The Gummi Bears.  Who knows what it is about the comfort of childhood that makes us feel good.  I feel bad for anyone who didn't have a childhood that included Saturday morning cartoons.  

2 comments:

Reel Whore said...

Gummi Bears! I used to watch them. He-Man, Thundercats, Transformers, Darkwing Duck, Rescue Rangers, etc etc.

I miss my Saturday morning cartoons.

Jess said...

I totally forgot about Duck Tales and such. Those were after school, if I remember right, but excellent cartoons.