Wednesday, June 16, 2010

TV Meme: Day 16

Day 16 - Your guilty pleasure show

There are a lot of shows I watch that I feel like no one else watches so I don't really talk about the fact that I watch them, but my guilty pleasure is definitely one that many people will groan and I'm actually embarrassed to admit that I like it.  There are times it's like a train wreck and you can't look away, and other times there were actual moments of sweetness, humor, and insight.  The show formerly known as Jon and Kate Plus Eight, now known as Kate Plus Eight since she got rid of Jon, is my guilty pleasure.  I've seen most of the episodes at least twice.  I only started watching last spring when I was really sick and it was on 4 times a day, so I caught up out of order and hadn't really heard of the show before.  
Of course with a lot of things you watch a lot of in a short amount of time, you get addicted and want to keep watching more.  So now I watch Kate Plus Eight, and actually will watch just about anything that features the family.  I'm not a huge fan of Kate (she was so painful on Dancing with the Stars that I question whether she's actually a robot), but I love the kids.  They're kind, friendly, silly, bratty, etc. and so much fun to watch interact with each other and the public.  So now I've admitted my guilty pleasure.  Enjoy.

5 comments:

David Bishop said...

I understand your guilt. If I find myself watching and enjoying just about any reality show, I feel waves of shame.

I'll cut you a break on this one though. It never seemed like your typical reality show since it's not contestant based at all. It's a little more reasonable in its depictions of reality, if you're into that sort of thing. Besides, my mom loves it, so I'm more tolerant of it by necessity.

Jess said...

Thanks David. I anticipated stones and yelling. I appreciate your indulgence.

Castor said...

This show used to be really cool when it started and the parents didn't think of themselves as big rock stars or something. The later season just felt fake for me.

Jess said...

Castor, you're totally right. The more they tried to assure us it was just them being real, the less real they seemed.

Buttercup said...

I think I've beat you for truly guilty pleasure. "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" or the one on VH1 with Flavor of Love. I'd only watch this stuff on a plane or vacations, but now I've actually watched the Kardashians at home. Yikes!