Friday, June 25, 2010

TV Meme: Day 25

Day 25 - A show you plan on watching (old or new)
 I do try to keep up with shows, at least once they're on DVD. It's hard to know which ones you'll like.  I was never sure I'd like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but I did.  Usually it's based on an actor that I like was in a show I didn't see. Rome is one that intrigues me and I'd like to check it out.  Treme is another if only because I loved The Wire and the same creators did both.  Deadwood has been recommended too.  I think because I don't get HBO, I'm often behind on those series.  This is a topic I'd love to solicit advice on - what shows have you seen that most people don't seem to watch, but you know are terrific?  

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I can't stress ABC Family's Greek enough. I wish more folks enjoyed it like I do.

Other than that, I'm usually the one playing catch up to what others have been watching for years.

Jess said...

Ah, yes. I do think it would appeal to me too. I'll check it out on Netflix and see if I can catch up to live. It's still on, right?

Rachel said...

They have 10 episodes left, due out sometime later this year (Sept. maybe). Hulu has all the episodes for streaming, if you want to check out the first couple of episodes before committing to getting the dvds via Netflix.

Reel Whore said...

Deadwood. Absolutely Deadwood. It's vulgar and dark, but oh so good.

I'm also about to jump on Rome via Netflix, but I may do True Blood first.

I'd also recommend Justified, if you haven't already watched it.