Thursday, June 10, 2010

A rare music post

I live in very rural upstate New York, so the opportunity for major concerts are not readily available, but there are a few places that are close enough and actually get the big names.  Toronto is less than 4 hours away, and the summer concert tour for The Eagles and The Dixie Chicks kicked off there this week, and as a birthday gift, I got tickets!!  I've seen The Dixie Chicks in concert once before and they do a terrific show, invigorating their studio music with slightly new arrangements, new instruments, and very different energy than just their albums.  They didn't disappoint this time either.  They covered a Bob Dylan song, Mississippi, and did a new arrangement of Hey Soul Sister.  It was a terrific concert, and since they're not releasing a new album any time soon, I figured I had to go.  The extra songs were terrific, and seeing Natalie Maines with her head shaved was pretty funny.  Anyone know why she shaved her head?  Oh, and The Eagles are pretty great.  I didn't know as much of their music as I thought, but they seemed to play stuff from all the decades of their career and Hotel California, so it was interesting.  Some enterprising videographer captured some of the Dixie Chicks and it's on YouTube.  Check it out.

No comments: