Monday, April 5, 2010

Commentary is good...

I've always enjoyed the comments people post on my blog (except for the few in another language or the spam type of course), but I've never really thought about boosting my comments. A fellow LAMB member is hosting a contest, which I really like, and I thought I'd share something about it, hoping to add Marshall as one of my followers, but we'll see. Here's his scoop at Marshall and the Movies

If you leave a thoughtful and relevant comment that contributes to intelligent discussion of movies or any other topic I bring up here, you will be entered into a random drawing for a prize. The more you comment, the better chance you have of winning. My hope is that you will be get in a habit of commenting that extends beyond the end of the contest.

What is the prize? Well…

The winner will receive their choice of one of the 10 Best Picture nominees from 2009.

The drawing will be, as I said earlier, completely random. I’ll probably write notecards for each comment and draw one out of a hat. But, if you are interested in improving your chances, I have a few little ways for you to improve your odds.

Fellow bloggers, if you post a link to this contest on your own blog, I will give you two extra entries.

Non-bloggers and other friends, if you refer a first-time commenter to “Marshall and the Movies” and they mention you by name, I will give you three extra entries.

PS - Yes, I'm totally using this plug as another post to boost my numbers, sue me.

2 comments:

Buttercup said...

I love contests and they are totally a good idea. On a more serious film level not sure which of the 2009 movies I would choose. I realize I have some grave gaps in my movie viewing for last year. Leaning to "A Serious Man."

Anonymous said...

If you don't want a Best Picture nominee, I'm sure we can work something out. I'd love your comments ... just as I'm sure you'd like to win!