Sunday, August 29, 2010

Movie Meme Day 29 - Movie you have watched more than ten times


There are a lot of movies I've seen more than 10 times.  I'm a habitual rewatcher - I work with a movie on, and once I've caught up with the TV shows I like, I put on another movie.   So there are probably a hundred I could pick from.  However, one I've probably seen annually since early high school is Monty Python and the Holy Grail.  Some older high school friends quoted it continuously so eventually I had to break down and watch it.  And they were right, it's quote-ability is only rivaled by The Princess Bride.  One part Arthurian legend, one part fairy tale, and one big part Monty Python.   My brother favored the scene when Arthur "rides" up to a group of people digging in the dirt.

Woman: Oh. How do you do?
King Arthur: How do you do, good lady? I am Arthur, King of the Britons. Whose castle is that?
Woman: King of the who?
King Arthur: King of the Britons.
Woman: Who are the Britons?
King Arthur: Well, we all are. We are all Britons. And I am your king.
Woman: I didn't know we had a king. I thought we were an autonomous collective.
Dennis: You're foolin' yourself! We're living in a dictatorship. A self-perpetuating autocracy in which the working class...
Woman: Oh, there you go bringing class into it again.
Dennis: Well, that's what it's all about! If only people would...
King Arthur: Please, please, good people, I am in haste. Who lives in that castle?
Woman: No one lives there.
King Arthur: Then who is your lord?
Woman: We don't have a lord.
Dennis: I told you, we're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to be a sort of executive officer for the week...
King Arthur: Yes...
Dennis: ...but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting...
King Arthur: Yes I see...
Dennis: ...by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs...
King Arthur: Be quiet!
Dennis: ...but by a two thirds majority in the case of...
King Arthur: Be quiet! I order you to be quiet!
Woman: Order, eh? Who does he think he is?

3 comments:

Danny King said...

As crazy as it may sound, I've probably already seen "The Dark Knight" ten times.

Ryan McNeil said...

Awesome selection!

I have a good handful I've seen ten times or more...

TOP GUN
SAVING PRIVATE RYAN
GOOD WILL HUNTING
ALMOST FAMOUS
FERRIS BEULLER'S DAY OFF
GARDEN STATE
THE GODFATHER
THE WIZARD OF OZ
and
PSYCHO

Reel Whore said...

My most watched movie: Ghostbusters