Friday, August 27, 2010

Movie Meme Day 27 - Best villain


The way this was worded, I somehow got into my mind that it was the best animated villain.  So I spent a while thinking about it, and I gotta say my choice still holds up even when compared to the full spectrum of villains.  Scar from The Lion King is a terrific villain and even gets to sing a song with Nazi-like hyenas marching in front of him.  He kills his brother to take over the kingdom, and banishes the heir to the throne (the Hamlet connection is hard to miss!). 

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Great choice. Jeremy Irons voice is simply chilling as Scar. At least Lion King ended on a much happier note than Hamlet.

Jess said...

Rachel, yeah, Disney did take a few liberties, though I wouldn't mind seeing another animated version of Hamlet that ended more true to the original.