Sunday, December 7, 2008

L.A.M.Blog_A_Thon: Volume 2 - Christmas Scenes

As I love holiday movies, I have many favorite movies, and usually a favorite scene within each movie too, so I love this month's theme for the LAMB blog-a-thon. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is a family favorite ever since my grandparents were forced to spend the night due to a blizzard on Christmas Eve. Not having any way to entertain her parents, my aunt put this movie on and the rest is history. I've even found kindred spirits by quoting the movie in front of strangers and having people respond in kind. (B-mama, I'll get you something "real nice" for the holidays). Anyway, quoting the best scene properly is something of a badge of honor in our family and usually leads to disagreements about the actual words, leading to putting the movie on and watching it all the way through as this scene is close to the end. Enjoy.

3 comments:

David Bishop said...

This is a tradition in my family as well. The only other movie that rivals it's popularity for us is A Christmas Story.

David Bishop said...

*its

Fletch said...

I haven't watched all of Xmas Vacation in forever. I know Julia Louis Dreyfus is in it, but I forgot about Juliette Lewis and Johnny Galecki as the kids. Good times.

I gots to write my post for this!