Friday, January 1, 2010

Films of 2009: Updated - total up to 50!

I saw quite a few movies in 2009, particularly considering how difficultly the year started. There are more and more movies that never make it to my local cineplex. I also have enjoyed lots of movies that are definitely of lower quality, but still lots of fun.

17 Again
500 Days of Summer
Adventureland
Angels & Demons
Away We Go
The Blind Side
Bride Wars
Confessions of a Shopaholic
Duplicity
Endgame
Fantastic Mr. Fox
Ghosts of Girlfriends Past
The Hangover
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
He's Just Not That Into You
Ice Age 3
I Love You, Man
Inglorious Basterds
Inkheart
The International
Julie and Julia
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Life in Ruins
My Sister's Keeper
New in Town
Night at the Museum 2
Phoebe in Wonderland
The Proposal
Public Enemies
The Soloist
Star Trek
State of Play
Sunshine Cleaning
The Surrogates
Taken
The Time Traveler's Wife
Transformer's 2
The Ugly Truth
Up
Watchmen
Where the Wild Things Are
X-Men: Wolverine


Movie's I'll definitely see as soon as possible, so they definitely count.
Invictus
Precious
The Informant
It's Complicated
Sherlock Holmes
The Princess and the Frog
Up in the Air
The Hurt Locker


Addendum: Did you hear about the Morgans?, Inglorious Basterds, Funny People, Sherlock Holmes, Avatar, Invictus, The Brothers Bloom, Two Lovers

My top 6 movies this year - I'm going to reserve the other 4 places for possible movies I haven't seen yet:

1. Inglorious Basterds
2. The Proposal
2. Up
3. Star Trek
4. The Blind Side
5. Taken

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Buttercup said...

I haven't seen many movies this year, and there are a number on my list for the next month or so, some of the same as your list. So far my favorite is "Julia and Julie."