Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My best of 2010

I waited a little while to be sure I'd seen all the movies I thought I might want to include in my top 10, but I think I've mostly arrived at what I liked best of the 55+ movies I saw this year. I've made each title a link to my review over the past year. I'm not actually ranking them by number as each is good for different reasons. My favorite movie this year was The Blind Side, but Avatar was the most beautifully made, and Inglorious Basterds and The Hurt Locker were the best their respective genres have ever produced. So here is my grouping of the 10 best. Enjoy.

The Hurt Locker
The Blind Side
Sherlock Holmes
Invictus
Avatar
Inglorious Basterds
Up
Up in the Air
Julie and Julia
(500) Days of Summer

Honorable Mentions: Precious (even though I haven't seen it yet), District 9, Star Trek, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Taken, and The Proposal

3 comments:

Buttercup said...

I've still got lots to see, but "Up in the Air" is my favorite.

Fletch said...

Don't feel bad - I still have yet to produce my Best of 2009 post. Perhaps some time this week. It will share at least a handful of these, if not half of them, though you can count more if you dip into your honorable mentions.

Reel Whore said...

I'm itching to see Basterds again, but the NFQ is taking forever. I may have to buy it.

Glad Taken received an honorable mention.

I need to bump up Proposal so I can get my Ryan Reynolds fix.