I'm a big fan of Halloween and trick or treating, but I do think it belongs to kids, probably under the age of 10 or 12. There are the obvious costumes like ghosts, witches, pumpkins and clowns (yes, I was all of these at one point), but there are also quite a few from movies that I've been thinking of that are also appropriate for girls rather than trashy options that seem to dominate the stores, but I'm sure there might be others. Here are 5 I'd recommend:
1. Hermione Granger - Excellent role model, magical and has great friends.
2. Mary Poppins - She can fly, sing, has a movie, a book, and a musical. Also, easy to wear a heavy coat and scarf if you're up north.
3. Dorothy Gale/Wicked Witch - I have no problem with good or bad characters, just as long as they're fun and recognizable.
4. Belle (or many of the Disney princesses, including the new one, Princess Tiana from The Princess and the Frog)
5. Jessie the Yodeling Cowgirl - Okay, the guys costumes from Toy Story are a lot more fun, but I think being a cowgirl is still really cool.
2 stars 2.5 stars 3 stars 3.5 stars 4 stars 4.5 stars 5 lambs 5 stars action movie actors actresses Alphabet Meme Animated movies awards bad movies battlestar galactica best movies blockbusters blog cabins bloggers British TV characters chick flicks Christmas classics comedy Comments documentary dramas DVD emmys epic family films fashion Father's Day Favela Rising females final season foreign films Friday Night Lights friends Golden Globes good movies great cast guest post holidays Independent film james mcavoy kevin smith kids kids movies LAMB Lists marketing mistakes Monday musicals movie from book Movie meme movies music from movies musicals New Releases old movies Oscar Nominations Oscar winners period pieces podcasts predictions Random Reel Insight Robert Downey Jr. romance sci-fi songs sports straight to DVD summer candy The West Wing Top-Grossing Tuesdays TV meme TV Shows why i love