Thursday, February 14, 2008

Simpsons Movie

I liked The Simpsons Movie (which I just caught on DVD) more than I've liked catching new episodes lately. It's a funny story where Homer of course does something ridiculously stupid that ends up getting the whole family in trouble. They escape a dome put over Springfield and move to Alaska. Of course they decide to come back and save Springfield. I won't tell you the end cause that would spoil it. There are tons of really funny jokes throughout - "Clap for Alaska" causing an avalache - that are exactly what makes the Simpsons unique unto itself. It's nothing bigger than the average episode, but it's great entertainment if you're a Simpsons fan. It's so chock-full of little jokes that I think it'll stand up well to repeat viewing. I don't think it deserved the Oscar nomination for Best Animated Feature - there were surprisingly lots of other animated movies that were much better. 3 of 5 stars, but if you already like the Simpsons it's about a 4.5.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do love the Simpsons and of course I enjoyed the movie. The only disappointment was that it felt like a really long Simpsons episode. But to be be fair, what could they have done differently to make it stand out even more?

Overall I'd give it 3/5.

Jess said...

Yeah, I agree - I'm actually glad they didn't try to make it more than what the Simpson's is...though they made it a little racier, a little longer, and a little more adult than the average episode.