Monday, September 21, 2009

Emmys review

I loved the opening number and the presenters were pretty terrific, and they finished on time, but Neil Patrick Harris' shtick about losing his award colored his humor the rest of the night. I liked the breakdown of categories, and the "look-backs" for the years in review in each category.

I didn't see Jon Cryer, Cherry Jones, Michael Emerson or Toni Collette taking their respective categories at all, though they all were terrific. For the rest, it was just my own idiocy not picking Alec Baldwin or Bryan Cranston to repeat their awards. Otherwise, I had a very good night. There were a lot of repeat wins with Amazing Race taking it again, Jeff Probst as the best host, 30 Rock and Mad Men. I was really happy that Kristin Chenowith and Shohreh Aghdashloo both took their awards. Not a particularly surprising night, but still fun to watch. Grey Gardens and Little Dorritt cleaned up too.

No comments: