Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Jon Hamm on Saturday Night Live

I know I'm behind, but I just watched this week's Saturday Night Live. Jon Hamm from Mad Men was the host, with Elizabeth Moss (Peggy) and John Slatterly (Sterling) guest starring in sketches based on the show. They did a great job of writing sketches for Hamm specifically, much better than for Michael Phillips earlier this season. There was a terrific sketch with Maya Rudolph and Fred Armisen as Michelle and Barack Obama using their half hour on prime time to host a variety show rather than a political speech. Hamm channelled JFK talking to Obama. Overall, it was a funny show, particularly Hamm's part. Here's one where he plays it perfectly.

1 comment:

Ryan McNeil said...

I actually thought this was their best episode of the season so far, and damn near peed my pants during "Don Draper's Guide to Picking Up Women"