Thursday, September 20, 2007

My first new fall season post

I'll admit I started watching Prison Break because the lead (Wentworth Miller) went to Princeton and he's wicked hot (and if you've see The Human Stain, a really good actor). And the first season was gripping - sitting on the edge of your seat, looking through your fingers because you can't watch, but you can't look away awesome. And then the title was fulfilled - he broke out of prison. So I watched the second season because, well he's still hot, and I liked his relationship with the female doctor and wanted to find out how they took down the President. Plus, all the other characters actually had idiosyncrasies that were interesting to watch. However, now it's the start of the third season, and the premiere just didn't show me any of the things I really liked about the previous season. He's back in prison in Panama, and I don't like any of the new prison characters. They seem to be focusing on two of the previous characters that I never really liked - Bellick (a really corrupt prison guard/prisoner) and Mahone (the FBI agent), who is intriguing since he has no problem killing people, but also has a drug addiction that cannot be fed while he's in prison. So, I think I'm going to let it go and keep watching How I Met Your Mother and the new show Chuck at the same time on Monday nights, and if I have time Dancing with the Stars! If anyone else keeps watching Prison Break and it gets better, please let me know!

2 comments:

Julie said...

What about Gossip Girl - did you catch that premiere last night? I can't decide if I'm going to stick with it, particularly since I don't think anyone else our age will be watching it (and therefore talking about it)...

Jess said...

I didn't catch it!! I thought it didn't start until next week. I'll check it out next week.